Based in Paris, France
10 April 2014
Hilomi is a colorful game with an original gameplay premise: reshaping the environment to help Hilomi make her way through the levels. It challenges the player's creativity in a unique way, asking him/her to plan ahead and think outside the box to successfully complete the levels, which makes it an interesting take on the puzzle game genre.
Hilomi started out as an entry for the 2011 Imagine Cup. Xavier and Norbert, both interns at Yamago at the time, came up with the game’s pitch (a 2D platformer where the player can reshape the environment) based on the Imagine Cup’s theme. Mathieu, our creative director, helped them refine the concept. Hilomi’s reception at the Imagine Cup was encouraging, with the game winning a total of 3 awards, so we decided to make it into a full-sized game that could be featured in Yamago’s showcase. We used feedback from the Imagine Cup and our plan to feature Hilomi in our showcase to decide on the changes to make. We were then able to estimate the budget required for Hilomi’s production: it turned out it was out of proportion with our finances at the time. Hilomi truly became a possibility thanks to Adobe’s sponsoring. Adobe picked Hilomi to put Starling (their API hardware acceleration for 2D games on mobile) to the test, and because Yamago has been an active contributor in the Flash community since the studio was founded. Yamago also secured a second aid: the CNC’s fund for the creation of intellectual property. The combined help from Adobe and the CNC really made the project a reality.
- Create and destroy earth with your fingertips to get Hilomi to the end of the levels.
- Transform water, ice, fire, sand and more to solve brain-teasing puzzles.
- Play through 100 bite-sized levels.
- Discover 27 unique animals to photograph.
Trailer App Store YouTube
Trailer Google Play YouTube
Opening sequence YouTube
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Silver Medal, Mobile Game Design category" Imagine Cup Worldwide Finals, 2011
- "Silver Medal, Mobile Game Design category" Imagine Cup France Finals, 2011
- "jeuxvideo.fr Reader's Choice" Imagine Cup France Finals, 2011
- "Indie Prize Showcase Selection" Indie Prize @CasualConnect Europe, 2014
- "Indie Prize Top-5 Game critic's choice" Indie Prize @CasualConnect Europe, 2014
Hilomi is clever in a sweet, good-natured way. It never rubs its brain smarts in your face, but its puzzles are sharp enough to offer a decent challenge"
- Harry Slater, pocketgamer.co.uk
- "FLUFFY, CUTE, AND COLORFUL
Hilomi is a casual puzzle-platformer that resonates of playful charm and an arsenal of childish cuteness"
- Cata Modorcea, 148apps.com
- "Hilomi will keep you entertained for hours on end which is a particularly amazing feat for a free-to-play game(...)I could listen to this game all day long.
The music is very pleasing to listen to and not once, even when mulling over a particularly tricky puzzle, did I feel the need to mute the music."
- Christina Dyke, shoost.co
- "Veel kinderen zullen zich prima met deze app kunnen vermaken"
- Lisa Van Der Velden, ipadclub.nl
- "findet man mit Hilomi einen im Spielverlauf durchaus fordernden Puzzle-Plattformer"
- iplayapps.de, iplayapps.de
- "¡vaya!, la verdad es que no le he encontrado nada, absolutamente nada, malo (desde aquí, me gustaría felicitar a los chicos de Yamago por ello)."
- Jose Doorstein, comingtouch.com
- "Le jeu Hilomi a donc trouvé une recette qui fonctionne bien : une pincée de douceur, une pincée de finesse, saupoudré d’un graphisme maîtrisé et agréable, le tout accompagné d’un soupçon de réflexion. À consommer d’urgence."
- Alice Scarbonchi, playsmart.fr
- "Von der zuckersüßen Grafik oder dem kindlichen Sound sollte sich aber kein Spieler abschrecken lassen."
- Jakob Rogalski, itouchandplay.de
Updates about the development on Facebook. facebook.com.
Updates about the development on Twitter. twitter.com.
Yamago develops video games and apps for mobile devices, social networks, and the web.
More information on Yamago, our logo & relevant media are available here.